While working on my convertible, I had to take off the side mirror and install it on the new door. I figure snap a few shots for a write up.
Unplug the side mirror from the harness (not pictured)
- Remove plastic triangle cover
2. This expose 3 screws. One is a 10mm. The other two are screws
3. Remove after taking those 3 screws off.
4. This exposes 2 more screws. CAREFUL – this is what mounts the mirror. REMOVE WITH CAUTION.
5. After removing the mirror, the exterior also has a piece to remove. Simply pop it out.
Conclusion – Real quick removal and install with basic tools.