Wednesday – Gifu, Nagoya and Sendai


  • Gifu Station
  • Send out packages
  • R31 House
  • Nagoya station
  • Toyota Automobile Museum
  • Head to Sendai


So I woke up early (0600 am) and walked to Echigawa station. It is a local line using a small train. The station is small and is run by the Ohmi main line.



I took the Ohmi main line all the way to Maibara, where I jumped on the Tokaido Main line to Gifu Station.

Statue of Nobunaga Oda

The local post office was a few blocks away, but I wanted to send some stuff already. This took longer than I expected, about a good 1 hour, as I sent packages to friends and my family to off load some of the items I was carrying.

I then trekked back to Gifu Station and put my luggage in a 700 yen locker.

Now it was time to get to R31 House. I jumped on the Meitetsu-Kakamigahara Line, then Takayama main line and headed for Sakahogi station. There were no taxis at Sakahogi station, so I started to walk and look at my printed map.


Once I got near, I saw a bunch of R31 Skylines stacked on top of each other and another lot with them lined up. I knew I was close. Then I kept going forward and saw R31 House. I walked up and saw a mechanic. I talked to him for a bit. Later the Shibata san came out with someone who spoke good English. This was Suzuki san. I got full access to check out the area. Suzuki san gave me an in-depth knowledge of R31s and the cars that were there. Simply amazing. I was so overwhelmed with info, I had to repeat it in my head. Again, I thought I’d just take a few pix and spend 20 minutes, but this was almost a 2 hour deal and I loved every minute of it.

I saw some pretty awesome cars and some sad scenes too. To see and touch a Tommy Kaira M20 and M30 Skyline… is simply something I never thought I’d ever do. There was a clean wagon, with an RB26 in it. There was an 800 hp R31 Skyline there…


I was then taken to the parts car yard, which I saw earlier… Then I saw these:

A Diamante and to my surprise, a Zenki and Kouki leopard with some cool stuff on it!

I was also shown the Blue LHD R31 Resort Skyline, which was kinda in parts. But it is an Australian car.


It was getting late and I had to get back to the station. I asked if Suzuki san can call a taxi for me, but he said he would drop me off! Again, the hospitality was amazing and the shop was amazing!




I headed back to Gifu station to collect my luggage. I then jumped on the Meitetsu Hashima line to Gifu/Shin Hashima station, get on the Shinkansen to Nagoya. I was trying to get to the Toyota Automobile Museum, but I was running out of time and I thought to myself, maybe I should pass on it. Then again, I was going straight Sendai afterwards and had to meet nobody that night.

Once I got to Nagoya station, I stuffed my luggage again into the 700 yen lockers and asked to get to subway part of Nagoya station. I jumped on the Subway Higashiyama line for Fujigaoka station:


Then jump off the subway to the Linimo Line.

It started to rain, so I ran the whole way to the museum because I only had 30 minutes left til closing. I got in and the ladies upfront said they are closing soon. I told them I will only need that 30 minutes to take pictures. They asked me where I was from and I told them San Francisco. As I was pulling the money out, she handed me the ticket and said do not worry about it! WHAT!!!!

I thanked them and quickly hurried up to the 3rd floor where I was greeted by another lovely lady. She saw me wet and out of breath and walked with me and took my pictures. I was allowed to get close to the cars and even open the doors.

The truth is, I only came here for 2 reasons, To see the Estima and the 2000GT. Everything else was a bonus.

After the 2000GT picture, I started to take more pictures of the older cars. I will upload all the pictures, but for the sake of this post, this was what it was all about. The lady wanted to take a picture with me (I felt honored!!!)

This might be the oldest Toyota I have taken a picture of!




After that, I back tracked to Nagoya station and got my luggage and headed to Sendai. I took the Shinkansen to Tokyo and hopped on the Shinkansen to Sendai. I arrived around 1730pm (5pm) and checked into my hotel near Kokubuncho, one of those lively streets with food and bars.


I then went to get food and looked around. I was suppose to meet with the leopard owners in the area, but they were busy and it did not happen.

Plan A was to be about the people. Meet my friends and hang out.

But if that didn’t work, initial Plan B, visiting shops other things around the area.



One thought on “Wednesday – Gifu, Nagoya and Sendai”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *