While I help run F31club, anyone that knows me, knows that when it comes to cars, I am actually inclusive. I love all aspects of the Import Car scene. While I never made it to the level of a race car or a show car, I have always enjoyed taking pictures, visiting shops and talking people.
Many of these meets came about from forums. I went to rx7club.com monthly meet, Honda-tech, NorthwestNissans, Nissan Pacific… any meet I found interesting and when friends invited me. Forums were the social media back then and it was pretty cool to get people together at these meets.
When I started going to Japan, it was out of my own pocket. I was not military. There was no translation software on cell phones. So everything had to be direct language.
Wandering Leopard – The Saga continues!
- Wandering Leopard: Vancouver BC x2 – Infiniti BC dealership challenge – August 2018
- Wandering Leopard: California Love (LA, Sac town, Bay area and back down) – August 2018 *Important historical moments
- Wandering Leopard: In France
- Japanese Automotive Invitational gallery – Pebble Beach 2018
- Petersen Automotive Museum Part 1 – Japanese Cars
- Petersen Automotive Museum Part 2 – Non Japanese cars
- Y31 Cima/Gloria/Cedric + F31 Leopard 31st celebration meeting – Sendai, Japan 7/1/18
- Wekfest – San Jose 7/1/18
- RADwood – Oyster Point, San Francisco 6/24/18 – and I showed my M30!!!
- Random cars/vans around Paris, France
- Renault on Champ-Elysees
- Peugeot on Champ-Elysees
2017 – 3x in Japan
- Datsun mini meet – Hayward – December 2017
- Odaiba Old Car Heavn – Odaiba – November 2017
- Shukai – Japantown, San Jose – October 2017
- Visit to Matchless Crowd Racing – September 2017
- Visit to Tech Arts – September 2017
- Saitama mini meeting – September 2017
- Mizuno Works
- Art Planning Youma (Dekotora Truck)
- Refresh 60 (Datsun 510/ Bluebird specialist)
- Enoshima Island meet (with Satoshi-san)
- Shinjuku meet with Original JDM Guy
- Sunrise Express meet (with Kuze and Kubo San)
- Thursday – Narita Airport, Shinjuku (Godzilla head), Reiyukai Shakaden Hall, Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple, SL Plaza, and Hakuhinkan Toy Park.
- Friday – Akihabara (Tam Tam, Golden Age Toys, Trader 3, Animate, Mandrake), Shikansen Festival, Ryōgoku Kokugikan (Sumo Hall), Odaiba (Trick Art Museum) and Iidabashi mini meet.
- Saturday- Yokohama – Pokemon Festival, Yokohama mini meet and Iidabashi mini meet.
- Sunday – 47 Ronin gravesite, Tokyo Dome City, Sunshine City (Pokemon Mega Center), Nakano Broadway, and Akihabara (cars)
- Akihabara Night – 8/13/2017
- Cruise to Mishima Skywalk – May 2017
- 31st Anniversary Leopard meeting in Hakone – May 2017
- Leopard gathering and to Daikoku Futo – May 2017
- Visit to Bee-R – Yokohama – May 2017
- Visit to Avante – Yokohama – May 2017
- Saitama mini meet – Van Kulture, bB, and San Ichi club – May 2017
- Visit to Spoon and Type One – Tokyo – May 2017
- Visit to JUN Engine build shop – Tokyo – May 2017
- Visit to Blitz – Tokyo – May 2017
- Visit to T-Crimb – Sendai – May 2017
- Visit to T-Selection – Sendai – May 2017
- Visit to Toyota Automobile Museum – Nagoya – May 2017
- Visit to R31House – Gifu – May 2017
- Visit to Miyoshi Racing RE344 – Okayama – May 2017
Visit to Japan 2016
- 2 Events, 1 Day: All Japan ES meeting (Shizuoka) and Stance G Nation (Tokyo) – October 2016
- 30th Annual Nissan Leopard meeting – Hamamatsu, Japan – October 2016
- Suzuki Cappuccino meeting – Hamanako Garden Park – October 2016
- Visit to Carshop Friend (Nissan Leopard shop) – Kanagawa – 2016
- BAM – Bay Area Subaru meet – Fremont, CA – 2016
- Blox Evolution – San Francisco – 2016 – Meeting with Van Kulture!!
- Berserkaru World Tour – 1 on 1 meet up – 2015
- Velocity Motorsports – Vancouver BC – 2015
These pictures from 2006 were from my birthday trip to Yokohama. I spent time with my friends. I was suppose to comeback in 2007 and we were suppose to meet Simasima and go to the Leopard meeting.
- Parking lot – Corolla meet – 2006
- Parking lot – VIP cars – 2006
- Visit to R30 Skyline Pro shop STS – 2006
- Visit to Nismo – 2006
- Visit to RE Amemiya – 2006
- Visit to R Magic – 2006
These pictures from 2004 were from my Osaka trip with Nobuo. He took me around to various shops and I met with the owners. This is where I learned “Japanese tuning shop” etiquette.
- Trip to Osaka, Japan – 2004
- Impreza meeting and Six Star Magazine photoshoot – 2004
- Visit to Bori’s Factory – 2004
- Visit to Wald – 2004
- Visit to Trial – 2004
- Visit to Kakimoto Racing – 2004
- Visit to Signal Auto – 2004
My old computer crashed and a long with it were many of my 01-03 photos. But They were all in Yokohama and Tokyo.
- Trip to Japan – 2003 – Club Honey
- Team Reaction Yokohama meet – 03
- Trip to Japan – 2002
- 1st Trip to Japan – 2001
- How I met Megesan – 2000
- JDM Theory – San Francisco – 2007
- team-integra.net meet – San Francisco – 2007
- MB meet and BBQ – 2007?
- MotorFX shop opening meet – 2006
- Freakmont Nissan meet – 2006
- Elk Grove Nissan Opening – 2006
- Norcal240sx.net Cruise – 2006
- Southern California F31club meeting – 2006
- Field of Dreams – drift practice – Belfair, WA – 2005
- NW Maxima meet – Renton, WA – 2005
- Small TR meet – 2005
- 1st Formula D in Seattle – 2005 (I was a staff member)
- Cannonball – R A31 Cefiro (I almost bought) – 2004
- SCCA club rally and SCCA Rally event (2 events, but mixed pictures) – 2003
- Visit to Motorex – 2001
- Visit to Stillen – 2001 – (lost pix)
- Visit to VIS Racing – 2001 (lost pix)
- Visit to Wings West – 2001 (lost pix)
- Visit to Bomex office – 2001 (lost pix)
- Nisei week – Little Tokyo – Los Angeles – 2001 – Probably one of the coolest shows I’ve attended.
- Hot Import Nights – Delmar Fairgrounds, San Diego 2001 –
- Import show off – Irvine 2001
- Canadian Tuning shops – AJ Racing, Garage 5, Revolution, Next Level and Minnam Racing – 2000
- Boom 2K – Vancouver BC – 2000
- NIRA @ Seattle International Raceway – 2000
- Northwest Shops – Fastlane, Speedline, IMS, Ultraspeed, Drift Office and Speed Concept
To enlarge, click on image, when single thumbnail, click again.
All pictures from the early 2000s were from my SLR with film. Rolls of film (I got 24 shots per roll) and getting them produced were not cheap. So I had to make sure my shots were good. Unlike today’s digital imaging, you can easily take 100s of photos and the cell phone does good enough in both dark and motion.
Free webpages and slow internet at those times had limitations to space. So images were always reduced.
The early 2000s was a different era to tuning. The mindset, the creativity, custom modifications (both done professionally and DIY), there were tons of companies offering parts… It was simply a different time. The style of cars can be different.
Communication was difficult back then. I met many people from Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan through their homepages (everyone made free homepages). There wasn’t translation software or Facebook to connect. It was direct language and emails.
I had tons of photos from the 2001-2003 era that I lost pictures when my computer fried. Many of them from Japan.